How To Relax and Unwind Effectively


Everyone has those days when you just want to come home, relax, switch off from the stress that the day has brought and take some time for yourself. After a busy day, it can be hard to get your brain to stop spinning and just take a breather, which we all need to do. For some people, it's easy to switch off and relax but for others like us, seeing as you're reading this post, relaxing doesn't come so naturally. Sometimes it can be difficult to switch off, but there are a couple of things I like to do to de-stress and unwind at the end of a long day or week.

#1: Have a bath
There's something really relaxing about having a bath. The wifi in my house doesn't reach the bathroom so it means I can't use my phone, which in some cases is a good thing. It means that I can totally switch off and because I'm unable to check messages or social media, I usually end up taking a book in with me and reading. With the addition of a bath bomb and bubbles (because bubbles make everything better), it's always a way that helps me to relax before I head to bed.

#2: Leave your phone in another room
This goes along with what I said about taking a bath, but taking a break from your phone for a few hours can actually do you a world of good! If you're part of a manic group chat and messages are going off left right and centre, it can be difficult to focus on anything else. By leaving your phone in another room or even just turning it off, it means that you are unreachable and allows you to take that time for yourself.


#3: Take the time to read
If reading a book isn't your thing then try a magazine instead; just try to avoid using your phone. I find that if I can't get to sleep, reading a book sends me off quickly. If you find a good book and can get into it, then there's nothing more relaxing than ending a stressful day with half an hour of reading.


#4: Listen to music

When I say listen to music I don't mean heavy metal Slipknot. I mean something that's calming and is going to help you wind down. as opposed to something that's going to do the exact the opposite. There are many playlists on YouTube and Spotify which were created to help you relax, full of calming music. Alternatively, you can make your own playlist which is what I chose to do. If you want, you can take a look at my chill out playlist by clicking here.

#5: Reblog! Reblog! Reblog!

Now this one does go against what I said in number two, but there's something about Tumblr which I find really calming. Just scrolling down my dash, reblogging posts here and there is something I love to do before I actually get into bed and try to get to sleep. If Tumblr isn't your thing, try Pinterest; or anything that will just take your mind off work.

20 comments:

  1. These are some great tips!!! I def notice a difference in my mood if I play some music as opposed to sitting in silence 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips. I need to set aside time to put my phone down and close my laptop and just relax and read a book and listen to some calming music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite tip is to read. I recently joined a book club in my neighborhood and It forces me to take some time away from a stressful day. Not to mention I have made great friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every single night before going to bed...I can't sleep unless I read..it's a great habit and it definitely calms your brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something therapeutic about it isn't there?

      Delete
  5. great tips! I need to focus on putting my phone down.. I admit I have a strange addiction/attachment to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the phone one would be hard for me. Maybe a new challenge?
    http://viabella-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good list. I have started repinning lately when I'm feeling overwhelmed. There is something very therapeutic about it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinning and Reblogging are great ways to unwind and take your mind off things

      Delete
  8. A bath always does the trick! I also find that playing Solitaire on my phone helps me unwind too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There truly is nothing better than a bath.

      Delete
  9. Distancing myself from my phone is something I am trying very hard to do. These are all great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this. I'm always looking for ways to unwind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great tips! Thank you for sharing! I need to do more of this as I am working so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips...thanks for sharing! I love the bath part the most that is really relaxing and stress reliever.

    www.aprilwashere.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic read! I feel like me-time is so important - I love taking a bath and going for a cycle, they certainly help clear my mind x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great ideas. It is so important for us to take some time to relax among our busy schedules! We have to recharge our batteries too!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM