SEVENTEEN DEFINE AND CONQUER CONTOUR KIT


Contouring is one of those things that you think you can get away with on a day to day basis, but if you try it once with a great product, you'll be hooked!  When it comes into autumn and winter, I tend to wear heavier coverage bases to give a flawless finish and my current favourite is MAC's Studio Fix.  With heavier coverage though, I run the risk of my complexion appearing flat, so it's important to sculpt everything - cheekbones, temples, jawline, the whole shebang.  I found this little gem, the Define and Conquer Contour Kit from Seventeen and I kid you not, I've been using it almost every day to give my face a bit of shape.

Apart from the blinding similarity to NARS' packaging, the most obvious thing about this product is that it's a matte powder. Contouring products need to have a matte finish because the aim of the product is to create a false shadow. Anything with a glitter or sheen will catch the light and won't create the recessed appearance that is desired by a contouring product. What I love about this product is that the highlighting powder is matte, but still has a certain radiant quality which gives life to the skin. It doesn't give the same highlighted effect as something like the MAC Mineralised Skin Finishes, but it does make a great base powder to apply beneath another highlighter, or as a setting powder under the eyes.


At only £5.99, this product is an absolute steal, and at a price where you cannot go wrong. I have fair skin, and finding a contour that is the right colour for me is a task, but there's something about this one which looks incredibly natural against my skin tone. You can get this product at Boots and Boots Online.

2 comments:

  1. I've recently picked up the seventeen contour palette and I've been loving it aswell!
    Love your blog by the way 😊❤️

    Itsmeganrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM