GOODBYE 2015, HELLO 2016


For me, 2015 has been a busy year. Over the last twelve months, I have sat my GCSE's, finished school, started at college, finally got my blog going, in amongst many other things. I've had the idea to write a post like this in the back of my mind since late October, but now we are rapidly approaching the end of the year and the beginning of a new one, I can finally sit down to write this post! So what were my highlights of 2015?

March:
March was the month where I finally thought that it may be the time to begin using the saved URL that I had for my blog. It was originally reserved under a different URL, one of which I received some flack for from my friends, which was one of the reasons I changed it to Five Foot Seven. During early March, I set about designing my blog and writing a couple of posts to get the whole thing started. I will say however, that those posts have since been deleted, and if you look back at my archive, the first posts are recorded to be in April.

April:
In April I celebrated my sixteenth birthday, signifying that step closer to independence! As well as my birthday, I saw McBusted in concert, which I actually wrote a post about. You can read that here and have a browse through the pictures I added in too. I had the best time at that concert, and it has to be one of the best birthday presents I have ever received!

May:
Possibly so far the start of the busiest period of my life. In May, I began my GCSE exams and over the space of a month, sat the twenty exams that would determine how the rest of my life would pan out.. or so that's what you're lead to believe. Although I am more than happy with the grades I got, I am a firm believer in the fact that you can change what happens in your life at any time, at any age. 


June:
For the first portion of June, I was still in school sitting my exams, as well as posting here on my blog every two days. To be honest, I don't really know how I managed to keep up with both, but somehow it happened! By June the 12th I was free from secondary school and starting the long awaited eleven week holiday. 


July:
In July I took a three day mini break to France, where I got one of the most spectacular and peculiarly shaped sunburns imaginable. I had a great time nonetheless, and spent most of the weekend bumbling around Cherbourg with practically no knowledge about the language other than the basics of 'Bonjour' and 'Au Revoir'. Towards the end of the month, I went back to France on the family holiday, but this time spent two weeks exploring the coast of Brittany on our family boat. Being confined to a small space with your family for two weeks for many people, may be considered like hell, and yes it is! But it's what we always do for our yearly holidays so I am used to it. 

September:
I started at college in the early part of September, doing four A-Levels which I enjoy. I prefer college to secondary school massively, and I'm much more passionate about the subjects I am taking at college as opposed to what I took at secondary. At the end of the month, I went to London to see One Direction in concert and of course, I wrote about that which you can read here. I've always looked forward to concerts, as music is my biggest passion, so I had been counting down the days since I bought my tickets in December of last year.

December:
The main thing that happened this month, is that I hit 20,000 reads here on my blog. It's honestly an achievement that I am so incredibly proud of, and hopefully it is the start of many more great things to come!
So what do I want to achieve in 2016? Well, the first thing I would like to do is continue blogging. Since I started in April, it has become something I truly enjoy, and hope that I can continue doing it through 2016 and beyond. Another thing I want to achieve is simply to do well in my A-Levels. Although at the moment, the idea of university isn't appealing to me, I still want to get great results so that if I change my mind, I have a good number of UCAS points under my name. 
Since this is going up on New Years Eve, I want to say thank you to everyone who's supported me this year, and that I look forward to speaking to you all in 2016!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 20k reads! Looking forward to your future posts in 2016 :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 20K! Seems like 2015 was very busy. I hope you have a fantastic 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM