5 STAPLE BEAUTY TOOLS

To get flawless makeup, it's not all just down to the products you use. Equally as important are the tools and techniques that you have. Personally, I prefer to use brushes and sponges as opposed to my hands, but that's purely because I don't like to run the risk of wiping leftover foundation onto my favourite black shirt. Either way, I thought I'd share some of my favourite tools which any beauty lover needs in order to make sure that their makeup looks bomb every single day.

XO BEAUTY
Although I only received this brush towards the end of last year, since then I have used it religiously and it has come to be a staple in my makeup application. It works amazingly for liquid foundations and blends everything like a dream, so what more could you want? It's a fairly dense brush so means that it is great for buffing in the foundation and making sure that it looks like skin, instead of just sitting ontop of it. And the best part? It doesn't shed! There is nothing more irritating than a brush that leaves hairs scattered around your face, which you then have to pick off without disrupting the foundation that it's stuck to. 

CONTOUR BRUSH // REAL TECHNIQUES 
This brush, although designed and marketed as a contour brush, has so many different purposes and uses. In the past I've used it for blending concealer, contouring, powdering under the eyes, applying blush and now highlighting! It's such a versatile brush and is honestly one of my favourites. The only downside is that you can't buy it individually because it is part of a collection, but I'm sure that if you look on somewhere like Depop you will most likely be able to find one. I need a new one because after burning it on a candle flame once (long story), the hairs have just become singed and quite rough. 

SMALL ANGLED EYESHADOW BRUSH // AMAZON
The one thing that I love more than anything about this brush is the shape of it. It's angled perfectly to fit the natural shape of your eye and brow bone, allowing easy and seamless blending. The cost of this brush is also another major plus point. It comes in a set of four, but I have a set of five face brushes and then five eye brushes very similar to the one I have linked. Considering the low price, I expected for them to be a bit rubbish, but I was pleasantly surprised. I've had mine for nearly a year now and have experienced no shedding or anything like that. One of my best internet finds!

REVLON FACE DUO EYE BRUSH // SUPERDRUG

A multipurpose brush is everything you need. It just makes things so much easier and better than that, saves space in your makeup bag. The angled side of this brush is really designed for winged liner, but I prefer to use it to fill in my eyebrows with powders. The other end of this brush is a flat shader brush style, and is great for just packing on the shadow before blending it out.

ROSE GOLD EYELASH CURLERS // TED BAKER
I'm going to be honest here, and say that I have no clue where these came from. I think I may have picked them up at a party or something when getting ready, and since then haven't found out who actually owns them. Either way, eyelash curlers are an essential if you find that your lashes have no natural curl or flick to them. After watching one of Emily Canham's videos, a tip I have learned is to heat the curlers up with a hairdryer and then curl your lashes. This just makes the curl last longer and somehow look better than it does without heating it up. These curlers in particular are the best I've tried and the fact that they are rose gold is just another reason to love them.

What are some of your staple brushes and tools?

Is x
Follow

22 comments:

  1. Thank you for breaking down brushes like NO ONE ELSE! I swear sometimes it feels like I should just paint my face with crayons, then you come along with tips. YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great recommendations. I have similar brushes but I'm not always sure what to do with them. Thank you! :) Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! I have a rose gold eyelash curler because who DOESNT want rose gold everything?♥

    Dina♥ http://www.digitaldina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list. I find myself using these tools more than any other brushes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased the Bobbi Brown brush set a couple of years ago. Best investment ever. Although I need to clean them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Real Techniques contour brush is my FAVORITE to contour with. It works fantastic :-D

    I think my biggest 'staple' for beauty tools is a fine, angled liner brush. I LOVE doing a winged liner so ALWAYS need my tiny angled liner brush to get that precise and sharp wing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I am obsessed with everything rose gold right now, what a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! i always struggle in what brushes to buy and this list will help me out. i was looking for a good contour brush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote another post a while back about how to do brushes on a budget. It might help you out :) http://five-foot-seven.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/brushes-on-budget.html

      Delete
  9. I lovee the curler, i wouldnt be me if i didnt had it hehehe ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trish McEvoy brushes are ahhhhmazing! I've had them forever! And I need to clean mine more too! ��

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have three of these five so I guess that's pretty good, considering my makeup game is pretty low-key. ;) I do wish i had a good contouring brush though!
    I actually do use my fingers for a lot of my makeup application (like my foundation). Over the years I've gone back and forth a lot with sponges, brushes, and just using my fingers and I just feel like I waste so much if I use something else to apply... maybe I'm doing something wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this list! I'm definitely needing a new eyelash curler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the brushes, really good investment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the brushes! Thanks for explaining them! I need to get some new makeup brushes! Now I know what I need to get!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Real Techniques. Amazing quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out with Real Techniques and have hardly ventured away from them because they're as you said, such good quality for the price.

      Delete
  16. I have this weird obsession with brushes. Love the real Techniques contour brush you mentioned!

    Katy
    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That contour brush is probably my favourite. It's such an all rounder. I use it for powdering under my eyes, contouring and highlighting. It's great.

      Delete
    2. That contour brush is probably my favourite. It's such an all rounder. I use it for powdering under my eyes, contouring and highlighting. It's great.

      Delete
  17. I love my F80 flat top brush (from sigma) from my foundation. It is so good, I can't even remember what I used before I had it

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM