L'OREAL INFALLIBLE MATTE FOUNDATION REVIEW


The Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation has impressed me since the very first application. As I've said before, the search for a holy grail foundation has been a long one due to my very pale and pinkish skin, but L'oreal have certainly given me a product to consider in my search. It provides the perfect medium to full coverage, with as the name would suggest, a matte finish. It’s not flat at all; I usually favour a satin finish for my base, but this looks beautiful on the skin. So for those who are a bit intimidated by the word matte (i.e. non-oily skin gals), don’t worry – I am sure you can work with this product all the same!

I bought the two palest shades in the range: Porcelain and Vanilla so that I could hopefully get a foundation that would match my natural skin as well as my MAC Studio Fix. I first bought Vanilla (The darker shade of the two), as at the time I couldn't get my hands on Porcelain. Although it is slightly too dark for me, I have found that blending bronzer down my neck manages to balance out and disguise the fact that it is slightly too dark in comparison to my natural skin. The other day I bought Porcelain in the hope that it would be pale enough for me, and although it is paler than Vanilla, the undertone is slightly off. It has a pinkish undertone which is something to be mindful of if you have a cooler undertone to your skin. Once I have added my concealer and everything else on top however, it balances out and works just fine.

Although it is suggested to be blended in circular motions with your fingers, I've found that it gives the best finish when using a blending sponge like the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I spray the sponge with Mac's Fix Plus and then pat the foundation onto my skin. The combination of the foundation, the sponge and the Fix Plus just manages to make my skin look better than it usually does with some of my other foundations.
 
I've found myself pleasantly surprised by this foundation. The coverage is great and with careful blending I can build it up to a second layer without it looking too cakey and unnatural. The shade range is a slight problem, but that'll always be the case for me with my ridiculously pale skin! Either way, for £7.99, this product is definitely worth a try.

13 comments:

  1. I know the struggle with trying to find the right shade but we always have a way to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the right shade is always a struggle for me especially since i don't wear make up very often. I have a few that i have tried but i have not tried this brand. This may be my next purchase if i can find a shade that matches up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to use this brand so badly but they don't have my color (dark skin), but so glad you can use them without it looking cakey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shade range is really one of the only things that lets this product down. Hopefully they'll extend the range

      Delete
  4. I would definitely love to try this foundation; I have a really hard timing finding one I like! Thanks for the review!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I feel you with the shade problem I have pale skin with a punk undertone and can never find the right shade. Might give this one a try and just mix it with another foundation I have

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Loreal! They never let me down with their foundations or concealers. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pale. I can never find a foundation that matches. I will have to give this a try. I always seem to go back to my MAC studio fix, but I would like to find something more budget friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like a lot of the L'oreal products but they definitely need to up their game with their shade availability for their foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used this in my teens, it got very shiny! But that was before I used setting sprays r even knew how to apply makeup. I can never find the right shade in most foundations. I hate the pink tint and look for more yellow based ones but they are usually a shade too dark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great blog! im following u now!:)

    xx
    lau
    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this one and love it! I do with they had more colors with neutral undertones, especially for the lighter shades but I can make it work :)

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been dying to get my hands on this..even more so after reading this!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM