Five Tracks From My March Playlist


I usually write a monthly playlist but thought that I'd try something a little different this month. March has seen my playlist grow to the point where I don't have enough space on my phone to download it from Spotify. I've looked through this unnecessarily long playlist and chosen out several of my favourite tracks to share with you, and hopefully give you some new songs to add to your own. 

DONE WITH IT // KENSINGTON
Thanks to Saskia for introducing me to this one. Since she played me it towards the end of February, it has been sat as a firm favourite on my playlist. It's a song that for me, is literally the sound of summer. We played it in the car when we were out on the Isle of Wight the other day and with the sun shining and the windows open, this song just set the summer vibe, even though we've only just come into April.

WILD HORSES // BIRDY

I found this song when listening to Radio One on the way home from college one day and originally didn't recognise who it was. Because I didn't catch who it was I to do a bit of a Google lyric search, and surprisingly it was Birdy. A fun fact is that I went to the same school as her. Although I've never been a massive fan of her music, this song has been stuck in my head for the last couple of weeks so sure enough had to make it in on this post.

MIND OF MINDD // ZAYN

Although it is the shortest song from his album, as I said in my review which you can read here, it's actually one of my favourites. I've actually had most of Mind Of Mine on repeat throughout the week, so choosing a favourite has been pretty difficult. It's just such a chilled out song and because it's not particularly complicated, it's one which you can just listen to without really having to think about much.

DARKEST OCEAN // ALL TVVINS
This style of music isn't usually something I would listen to but for some reason, I came across this at the end of last year and it has made it into every monthly playlist since. I don't know whether this is something for other people too, but for me certain songs and pieces of music make me imagine a scene in my head or think back to past memories. Regardless of that, this song is one I have been loving for the last four months and was sure enough worth a mention!

GET WEIRD // LITTLE MIX
I have no shame in admitting that I love Little Mix. Having been unable to get tickets to their gig when they played in Bournemouth, I managed to find a video on YouTube of the whole concert (Thank you to whoever filmed that!). Get Weird was one song I had overlooked when listening to the album but having seen the charisma that the girls have when performing it, I had to go back and give it another listen. It's such a fun song and one that's quite fun to just mime and act along to when you're alone in your room.


What's been one of your favourite songs of March?
Is x

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to make a playlist out of these and give them a listen. I always love hearing other people's music recommendations.

    My current favorites are New Bohemia by Transviolet and Give Me a Try by The Wombats.

    xoxo,
    Dannie
    www.stilefotocibo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been listening to Zaynes new album too. It's pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking up these guys in Spotify now! Great post!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little birdy! I also have been meaning to check out Zayn.

    My favorite song of March was : Our House by MisterWives, check it out!

    I'm on Spotify too, and my 'seasons change' playlist has grown to almost 90 tracks!

    thanks for sharing,
    Amanda

    kindofmind.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Issy! Love your list. I've been listening to Zayn's album lately too. And Kensington is a great band! I agree with you, Done With It sounds a lot like summer.

    x Jen | City Girl Stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had never even heard of Kensington so thanks for this! I also love putting playlists together and posting on my blog although I don't do it as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently Spotifying all of these. I love posts about people's taste in music!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM