What I Got Up To During August


If you're still a student, then August is probably one of the best months of the year. It's a whole month of freedom from education, where you can do as you please and relax - most of the time. I read a post on What Olivia Did, where she shared a selection of things that she did during 2015. Since reading this post, I have been inspired to write my own, and August has been the perfect month to do this. Like every other month, it has been one filled with little menial tasks, but there have of course been some amazing experiences which I want to be able to look back on in the months and years to come. 

A   F A M I L Y   M I N I   B R E A K
We took a little weekend break over to the Studland in Dorset to meet up with some old family friends. We sailed over during the morning and spent the afternoon catching up with our friends and swimming from the boat in the bay. Let's just say that the water was much colder than I was expecting. Later on in the evening, we headed up to the Bankes Arms for the beer festival, and also to stretch our legs from being out on the water all day. Music is one of my big passions, so I was most looking forward to the live music later on in the evening. Although I didn't know much of what was being played since the music catered more towards people of my Dad's age, (soz Dad), I still had a lovely time catching up with friends and taking in the atmosphere.

On Sunday we headed round to Chapman's Pool, a small cove further round the Purbecks. We honestly couldn't have had better weather, once again being tricked into thinking that the water was warmer than it actually was. If you've ever visited Lulworth Cove, Chapman's Pool is a little like that but only really easily accessible by boat. In the right weather, it is stunning, with only a couple of fisherman huts on the beach and small waterfalls on some of the lower cliffs. After a post breakfast swim, we began the three-hour sail back up to the Solent. When I was younger I used to absolutely hate the travelling part of being on the boat but for some reason, as I've grown older I've come to love it. I'm not sure why, but maybe because you become so disconnected from everything; no internet access, no stress, no real noise - just you and the sea. It's not often you can feel that disconnected, so I now welcome it with open arms.


S P E N T   T I M E   W I T H   F R I E N D S
This isn't something new, but this month I've been able to spend more time with my friends. Obviously, I see them at college, but not as much as I would like since we all have different timetables and aren't always in the same classes. I've spent so much time with friends new and old, some who I've only really gotten to know well within the last couple of months. I feel really lucky to have the friends that I do, even if I don't see some of them as much as I would like to. I feel as if seventeen is an age where everyone is beginning to branch off and doing different things. With people being on their own agendas it makes it harder to get together, especially if you have quite a large friendship group like I did when at school. I definitely appreciate the time I have with my friends more than I used to. This month I've been to some great parties, and also just spent days out and about in places we've never been before. Ah, the freedom of driving!


G O T   M Y   A S  R E S U L T S 
Midway through the month, I was finally able to put my AS result worries to rest. As a couple of my close friends know, I have spent the last couple of months tearing my hair out over these four results. I really struggled during the exam period for a number of different reasons, and after one particularly bad exam where I realised that I knew absolutely nothing, it hit me I might have messed up massively across all of my subjects. From my last exam right up to results day, there wasn't a day when I didn't worry about what those four letter results would be. So when the eighteenth of August came around, I was more than ready to finally get these results and move on, whatever those four grades were. I'm really not sure how, but my results came back better than I was expecting - except from that one subject where I realised just how little I actually knew.

The sense of relief that I felt for the rest of the day was just indescribable. I now understand what people mean when they use the phrase, 'a weight was lifted from my shoulders.' and also how that feels. I spent the rest of that day with my friends who I'm actually so glad to have. Without getting soppy and super emosh, they're just three of the best friends I could have. #BigUpTityCrew


B L O G G I N G 
Need I even mention blogging in this post? Probably not. This month I've definitely found myself wanting to write more often and make what I do write, better. I've finally found a posting schedule which I can stick to, and have planned out a list of posts I'd like to get scheduled for when I go back to college in September. I've said it before, but blogging really has become one of my passions. Writing is something I have always enjoyed, and blogging has just been one of the best outlets for that. Although it can be a very time consuming thing, I've really enjoyed being able to dedicate more time and effort to Five Foot Seven recently.

So that's just a quick round up of some of the things I've been getting up to during August. Obviously, I've skimmed over some things that have happened this month, but these have been some of my highlights which I can hopefully continue on doing in September. What have been some of your August highlights?

Follow



6 comments:

  1. Great pictures and it seems it was a gorgeous summer! I also spent lots of time with friends and travelling :)

    xx
    lau
    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about you finding the way to blogging becoming your passion.

    It's a starting point and can develop into many opportunities that all have a strong foundation in quality work, writing and copywriting, and create value for the readers. Just have to do it consistently and to a targeted audience over time. You'll become an expert soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have that weight lifted!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM