Three Piece Eye Look for Girls In a Rush


Incase you haven't guessed yet, makeup is something I absolutely love. I could happily spend hours each day putting on a full face of makeup, but the reality is that many of us simply don't have the time, no matter how early we set our alarms. On days when I've woken up late for college and have precisely five minutes to do my makeup (which is most of the time), I have a simple three step eye look which takes less than two minutes. Even on days when I do have time to do a full face of makeup, I still go back to this look purely because I'm lazy and eye shadow blending is the bane of my life.

I start out with a cream eye shadow. I have two which I alternate between, one being the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' and the other being the Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow in 'Goldstone'. I tend to wear the Maybelline shadow more as an overall lid colour, but the Bobbi Brown shadow is great to layer over the top of a matte shadow. It gives a little bit of sparkle over the top of another colour. I like to apply a bronzer over the lid as a base, then apply the cream over the top to get that metallic look which seems to be everywhere at the moment. With the Maybelline Colour Tattoo, I simply swipe it across the whole lid, blend the edges slightly and I'm good to go.

I then use another product for it's wrong purpose, but I use the Soap and Glory Brow Pencil to create a thin line close to my lash line. I don't always do this, so I suppose this three piece look could be condensed further to a two piece look. When I do use the brow pencil, I make sure that I only follow my lash line, not doing a flick at the outer edge. I find that doing this makes my upper lashes appear a little thicker whilst not being as heavy as it would be if I were doing it with a black liner. Lots of products have multiple uses, and eyebrow pencils are one of them! 

The final step is putting a layer of Benefit's Roller Lash on both my top and bottom lashes. I find that even if I have zero make up on, mascara can somehow make me look more human again. I sometimes swap Roller Lash out with Maybelline's Lash Sensational since they give a very similar final result. You can read my comparison review here if you like. I love the volume that this mascara gives my lashes, all whilst maintaining the fluttery look that I love even more. It lasts well despite not being a waterproof formula, so for me it's a winner.


There really isn't much to this look and that is why it is so great for when you're in a rush. As I previously mentioned, you could streamline this look further by cutting out the eyeliner. It works well with or without, so the choice is yours depending on how much time you have. Do you have your own look for when you're in a rush? 

Follow


9 comments:

  1. I always have to wear at least eyeliner, mascara, and brow gel when I'm in a rush! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea - def using it next time I'm rushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am OBSESSED with Benefit - I need to try this mascara thought!! Thanks for sharing love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the tips you gave here for a babe who is rushing. I try to spend spend more time on my eyes when I'm in a hurry for me to look awake. Will try your steps here babe! Thanks for the share. xx

    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/summer-florals-x-boohoo-com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cream eye shadow and soft eyeliner... done and done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I totally love the Roller Lash mascara. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I really want to try Roller Lash, heard so many great reviews on it:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM