The Reverse Bucket List: Fourteen Things I've Already Accomplished


I think I'm right to assume that everyone knows of, or has heard of a bucket list. It's a list of things you want to accomplish before you endure the meaning of the idiom and "kick the bucket" if you will. I love lists, and I also love the idea of setting goals for things that I want to achieve during my lifetime. The reverse bucket list, however, is a great way to look back on the things you have already achieved, and although it's always important to look ahead, I believe it's equally as important to look back. So here's X things I've managed to accomplish in my seventeen years of existence.

1. Taught myself to play the guitar - Yes. Somehow, I taught myself without lessons.

2. Went on my first holiday without my family - It may have only been a four-day break with my friends but we still travelled to the other end of the country!

3. Saw One Direction live - I have no shame in admitting that those gigs have by far been some of the best experiences I've ever had.

4. Learnt a foreign language - I kind of one-upped myself here and learnt two: French and Spanish.

5. Read a three-hundred and thirty-six-page book, cover to cover in one day. Let's just say that The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins had me hooked...

6. Added seventy-four orange dots to my map of places I've been. - I have a large map on my wall that shows the British coastline from the Isles Of Scilly right along to Dover, and also the North French coastline from Brest right up to Calais. Every time we go on holiday on the boat, I add a marker to the map to show where I have been, and within the area that the map covers, I have seventy-four orange stickers. I also have an additional eighteen places which are off the map, so in total that comes to ninety-two ports and harbours in countries including Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland and of course, at home here in the UK.

The map above my desk with some of the stickers over places like Saint Malo and Iles Chausey in Brittany
7. To go along with point three, I've also seen 5 Seconds of Summer, and Little Mix, and McBusted, and Paloma Faith, and Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet (You know, from the band that sings Gold?) lols, don't ask, it just sort of happened.

8. Started a blog - and look where we are now!

9. Drove a car for the first time - Granted, it may have been no faster than five miles an hour but I still drove a car!

10. Visited Amsterdam for the day.

11. Navigated the Tube in London alone without getting lost

12. Sang as part of a choir at the Royal Albert Hall and the O2 Arena in London - I may have only been twelve or thirteen but it's still pretty darn cool if you ask me.

13. Managed to keep my cactus called Jonny, alive.

14. Been featured in a magazine - I must have been thirteen years old so you can imagine how bad I looked. (It was dreadful. If I ever get confident enough I might just share the photos!)

Although I love the idea of a bucket list, the reverse bucket list is something I think we should all have noted away on a sheet of paper somewhere...

Is x

Follow

16 comments:

  1. Aw what a fantastic post and great idea! So inspirational and makes you think of all the lovely things you have already achieved!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the one direction gigs. They are on a different level of fun. I went to their last tour and the one before and I have never enjoyed myself so much as I did those nights and I have no shame admitting it either.

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a reverse bucket list. We're always so focused on what we want to achieve, I don't think we take enough time to recognise what we have already achieved. Well done on all your amazing achievements so far! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool! I love the idea of a reverse bucket list. I mean you get to look back on things you accomplished. Nice to know about you learning new languages and Jonny. Thanks for this post babe! xx


    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/off-the-shoulder-romwe/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous idea to write about! Thank you for sharing with us your reverse bucket list items! :) I also think it's super cute that you name your cacti.

    I just bought a little mini set and I clearly need to name them. I'm thinking... Molly, Jane and Stew. Molly is pretty delicate, Jane is your everyday plain jane and Stew is tall and lanky - he looks like the cacti you'd find in the desert. All he's missing is a cowboy hat ;)

    P.S. Your blog is really aesthetically beautiful in addition to being well-written!

    x Kathryn
    www.fashionablyfrank.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn! My cacti is a little wonki, but Jonny's cute sat on my desk. I like the names you've got haha

      Delete
  6. I love this idea. We never know how long we have on this planet and planning for 'some day' sometimes means that 'some day' never comes. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome that you completed some of the items on your bucket list. That makes me feel the need to create one 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Life is too short not to live it fully! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good to acknowledge what you've already accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I really like this idea. It's easy to focus on everything we've not done - but it's not always a thought to appreciate everything we actually have accomplished. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea for a post. You are very accomplished & should be proud!

    - Cait | http://www.prettyandfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea!! So great!!


    Jenna from www.visionsofvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dope idea! I think I would like to something like this in regards to my travel over the last year and a half. And major props to you for learning TWO languages!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of a reverse bucket list! Really puts a perspective on things you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have NEVER heard of a reverse bucket list! Such a great idea - I'm sure it's a confidence booster!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM